This JD is drawn by The Indian Hotels Company Limited. Established in 1903, Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is one of Asia’s largest and finest group of hotels, comprising 56 hotels in 39 locations across India with an additional 18 international hotels in the Maldives, Mauritius, Malaysia, Seychelles, Australia, UK, USA, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Africa and the Middle East. From world-renowned landmarks to modern business hotels, idyllic beach resorts to authentic Rajput palaces, each Taj hotel offers an unrivalled fusion of warm Indian hospitality, world-class service and modern luxury. The Taj, a symbol of Indian hospitality, has recently completed the centenary of its landmark hotel, Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, Mumbai. Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces is part of the Tata Group, India’s premier business house.
1. Has a low level of guest interaction, which takes
place only when the order takers are on a break, or in the case of an irate guest.
2. Interacts with the Housekeeping for the amenities and the mini bar operations.
3. Maintenance for reporting any complaints for fused bulbs or ice machines.
4. The GRE for the VIP list.
5. Security in case of a problem with the key not functioning or double locks in a room
6. Check the logbook for any handovers.
7. Inform the staff of any important message pertaining to the guest.
8. Tackles any problems and complaints and pays the compliments.
9. Updates the information on the white board.
10. Writes the standard orders for long staying guests.
11. Mentions any parcels, tea/coffee orders to be send at particular times on the white board.
12. Ensures standing orders are followed
13. Makes sure that the standard orders for the long staying guests are delivered to the room on time. (tea/coffee at a particular time etc)
14. Allots the duties schedules.
15. Draws up the duty schedule for the stewards.
16. Schedules the duty of the stewards for the mini bar check.
17. Assigns leaves depending on the house position.
18. Maintains the room service order (control) chart.
19. Updates the room service chart mentioning the room number, the time of the order placed and the time the order was delivered.
20. Receives the KOT, reads it for any special request and hands it over to the steward.