While designing for the hotels & restaurants we often forget that, our services are not only meant for the abled Adults, and limited too. We are all physically disabled at some time in our lives. A child, a person with a broken leg, a parent with a pram, an elderly person, etc. are all disabled in one way or another. Those who remain healthy and able-bodied all their lives are few. As far as the built-up environment is concerned, it is important that it should be barrier-free and adapted to fulfill the needs of all people equally. As a matter of fact, the needs of the disabled coincide with the needs of the majority, and all people are at ease with them. As such, planning for the majority implies planning for people with varying abilities and disabilities.
• Ramps giving access to most public spaces such as the lobby, the restaurants and public restrooms.
• Seated check-in and check-out available in the reception area or the guest room.
• Escape chairs available in all fire exists of the guest room floors.
• Handicapped-accessible rooms feature connecting doors to another handicapped-accessible room.
• The guest rooms are located close to the elevators and fire exits.
• Entry door is 94 cm wide.
• Floor to ceiling mirror available in the room.
• The safety box are installed at shoulder-height of a sitting person (100 cm).
• Lower cloth rails in certain areas e.g. left cupboard, small rail.
• The top of the mattress is 70 cm high and 46 cm when special mattress base is installed (upon request).
• The bedrooms feature a bench in front of the beds with a height of 50 cm.
• Along the length of the bed (210 cm) between bed and cupboard width of 155 cm maneuvering space next to bed.
• Plug Socket in 30 cm height.
• Light switch in 73 cm height.
• A/C control 75 cm height.
• Service in the bathroom in 90 cm height.
Bathroom in the Guest room:
• Door to the bathroom is 120 cm wide with a threshold of 1 cm
• Door to WC and shower is 88 cm wide with a threshold of 2 cm
• Clearance below the sink is 69 cm in height between the floor finish and the apron to allow access to wheel chairs users
• The sink is 85 cm high
• Faucets are lever-operated
• Mirror in 90 cm height
• Size of: width of 160 cm x 190 cm
• Shower equipped with a marble bench (height 44 cm) depth: 35 cm
• The shower spray unit features a hose of 145 cm length, which can be used both as a fixed shower head and a hand-held unit
4) Bath tub
• In-tub seats provided upon request
• Grab bars are provided
• The shower spray unit features a hose of 115 cm length, which can be used both as a fixed shower head and a hand-held unit.
Technorati Tags: Check-out, Guest Rooms, Check-in, Public Areas, Ramps, restaurants
Windows Live Tags: Check-out, Guest Rooms, Check-in, Public Areas, Ramps, restaurants
WordPress Tags: Check-out, Guest Rooms, Check-in, Public Areas, Ramps, restaurants